Yoga Retreat Thailand
- Discover some of the most affordable & intimate yoga retreats Thailand has to offer -
Available Start Dates
Apr 14 | Apr 21 | Apr 28 | May 5 | May 12 | May 19 | May 26
June 2 | June 9 | June 16 | July 28
Aug 4 | Aug 11 | Aug 25 | Sept 1 | Sept 8*
Red = Full | Orange = Only a Few Spaces Left | Green = Open
* 5 day retreat only
Your Yoga Retreat in Thailand
Ready to experience the bliss of yoga in one of the most exquisite, natural paradise islands on the planet!? Each retreat is filled with daily group yoga classes, in-depth workshops in asana, meditation and pranayama, Thai massages, steam baths, as well as numerous other optional healing treatments & nature excursions. There are amazing, free community events to join in on, which including “Movie Night Under The Stars,” live entertainment at “Open Mic Nights at the Sanctuary” & lots of options for dancing. We recommend one of our 3 “Yoga in Paradise Packages,” or you can develop your own personalized retreat to get the most from your next yoga vacation in Thailand.
Yoga in Paradise Packages
5 Days / 6 Nights
- 2 Yoga Classes Daily
- 1 Asana Workshop
- 2 Meditation & Pranayama Classes
- 1 Holistic Lifestyle Guidance Class
- 1 Thai Massage
- 1 Steam Bath
- Private Bungalow
10 Days / 13 Nights
- 2 Yoga Classes Daily
- 2 Asana Workshops
- 4 Meditation & Pranayama Classes
- 2 Holistic Lifestyle Guidance Classes
- 2 Thai Massage
- 2 Steam Baths
- Private Bungalow
15 Days / 20 Nights
- 2 Yoga Classes Daily
- 3 Asana Workshops
- 6 Meditation & Pranayama Classes
- 3 Holistic Lifestyle Guidance Classes
- 3 Thai Massages
- 3 Steam Baths
- Private Bungalow
Packages Include Accommodations & Begin on Monday – with Weekends Off to Relax & Play
Included in all Retreats
Daily Yoga Classes
Enjoy our daily Vinyasa Flow classes, suitable for all levels, each morning. Fluid sequencing of postures, linked with the breath revitalize and rejuvenate both body, mind& spirit. Specialty classes of Yin/Yang, Hatha Flow or Bhakti Bliss are incorporated into the evening sessions to balance energy levels.
Whether you’d like to master a pose, learn therapeutic postures to work with an injury, or if you’d simply like to go deeper in to your practice of yoga and meditation these intimate and in-depth lessons are the perfect way to explore your unique needs and goals through intelligently designed and customized sessions. Assisted stretching, incorporating ThaiVedic Massage techniques and adjustments may be incorporated to help you find your optimal alignment in each pose.
Group Meditation & Pranayama
These intimate group sessions will allow you to learn and practice simple and powerful breath control techniques that will allow you to expand your longevity, experience freedom and liberation, bring you into more mindfulness and deepen your connection to the present moment. You will learn the noble art of meditation and be empowered with the tools and techniques necessary to incorporate this profound practice into your daily life.
Practice & Lifestyle Guidance Sessions
This session will address important topic areas to help you deepen and integrate yoga into your daily life. Topics include yogic lifestyle, healthy diet & daily routines that promote vitality, youthfulness, metal/emotional balance and self-healing.
Thai Massage is an ancient healing system combining acupressure and energy balancing techniques, assisted yoga postures and incorporating the Buddhist principles of mindfulness and loving kindness. The result of a full-body session is often an exciting and powerful mind/body experience, bringing both the recipient and the practitioner to greater states of physical and mental well-being.
Enjoy the detoxifying benefits and bliss of the nearby herbal steam and plunge pool built into the beautiful rocks.
Thailand Yoga Retreat Accomodations
Koh Phangan, Thailand is considered to be a treasure destination off the beaten path. While preserving its abundant jungle, fauna and flora many of its secluded beaches offer an escape from stress and the high-paced modern lifestyle. Accessible primarily by boat year round, the tri-bay area of Haad Yuan, Haad Thien, and Haad Why Nam offer a serene getaway with a wide range of accommodation options for all budget types. From simple, rustic bungalows to mid-range comfortable living, these 3 beautiful bays provide for all. The Blooming Lotus Yoga Studio is situated upon a jungle hilltop, overlooking the crystal blue ocean waters, in between Haad Yuan & Haad Tien Bays and easily accessible by foot from Why Nam Bay.
All our Thailand Yoga Retreat Packages include accommodations in simple Thai style bungalows surrounded by lush gardens and jungle fauna with the ocean, yoga shala and restaurants just a few minutes walk away. A perfect compliment to the minimalist yogi lifestyle, these simple, rustic wooden bungalows have a double bed, fan, hammock on the deck with asian style bathrooms.
Simple Thai Style Bungalows
*The Blooming Lotus is an independent yoga school and we will be booking your accommodations at the nearby local resorts.
If you wish to upgrade your accommodations for a more luxurious stay or find your own accommodations on arrival you can click the button below:
Thailand hosts some of the world’s most tantalizing cuisine, and our yoga retreat in Koh Phangan is no exception. From healthy & raw food Vegetarian dishes to exotic Thai delights, from scrumptious seafood fare to gourmet Western favorites the tri- Bay area of Haad Yuan, Haad Thien & Haad Why Nam Bays offer an incredible culinary symphony of tastes & aromas to satiate all appetites.
Bamboo Huts Restaurant & Lounge in Haad Yuan Bay is in particular renowned for its restaurant at affordable prices and its outstanding ambiance & view of the ocean and stars at night. It is also the nearest option.
Haad Thien Bay hosts the Sanctuary Spa & Health Resort that specializes in a fasting, raw food & health conscious choices. The Sanctuary’s in house Wellness Center offers colonics, fasting programs, & health consultations with the Spiral Life Center providing a medley of Health & Healing practitioners: Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Energy Healing, to name but a few.
The Yoga Retreat Price does not include food which can be found for all budget ranges at the nearby resorts. You can eat & drink simply or extravagantly anywhere from $12- 40 USD/day.
Thailand Yoga Retreat Schedule
Our Yoga Retreat Schedule is unique in its focus on a compassionate & enjoyable timetable. This schedule allows you to process all that may come up during your yoga retreat & leaves plenty of time to relax & play in the crystal blue oceans waters & white sandy beach of Haad Yuan Bay, Thailand. It also gives plenty of time to take in the scrumptious delights of exotic fruit shakes & tantalizing thai cuisine while enjoying the beauty of nature in this stunning paradise island of Koh Phangan.
Retreats begin every Monday at the Blooming Lotus Yoga Shala. Accommodation check-in is on the Sunday before the retreat.
General Yoga Retreat Schedule
- 8:15 – 8:45 am Pranayama & Meditation Lessons
- 9:00 – 10:30 am Group Yoga Class (*Wed starts at 10 am)
- 10:45 – 12 noon Workshop on Asana/Yoga Philosophy/ Ayurveda/Chakras
- 4:30 – 6:00 pm Group Yoga Class
* Weekends are off to relax and play*
- Fluency in the English Language
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Basic physical fitness for walking around the jungle paths.
Yoga Retreat Tuition Policy
Thailand Yoga Retreat Tuition Cancellation Policy: In the case of cancellation the total tuition price may be refunded up until 2 months before the Yoga Retreat’s start date minus a 25% administration fee, and the accommodation fee (if applicable).
Accommodation Cancellation / Change of Date Policy: Once paid the accommodation fees are non-refundable. Changing of dates are subject to availability and a surcharge of $50.
Spiritual Code of Conduct
- Uphold the integrity of the classical yoga tradition by practicing humility and patience.
- Acknowledge the limitations of one’s skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, ask teachers for instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Respect all students from their varied backgrounds and levels of awareness.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all other students.
- Avoid words and actions that are disrespectful and harmful to others.
Yoga Retreat Teachers
(Jun | Jul | Aug | Sept)
Francie is an internationally certified yoga teacher who facilitates yoga teacher training courses, offers group and private yoga classes and hosts yoga retreats at the Blooming Lotus Yoga School in Thailand. Specializing in the Vinyasa Flow, Hatha and Yin/Yang styles of yoga asana she incorporates the knowledge of myo-fascia meridians, energy anatomy, and yogic philosophy to facilitate deep openings of the Heart through in-depth instructions on alignment, sequencing and awareness of the breath.
An eternal teacher & student, Francie is passionate about sharing her love of flow and the bliss of being though yoga, education, and the hula hoop, encouraging and inspiring people to open and express to their highest and lightest potential, so that they may deepen their connection to the present moment while expanding their hearts and minds. Based in Thailand and Bali, Francie travels the world, sharing her passions, connecting community, and activating play, bliss and healing with yoga & hula hoop retreats, festivals, and community gatherings.
(Apr | May)
Annette is an internationally certified yoga teacher who has pursued the art of yoga & Tibetan meditation with advanced yogis around the world for the past 15 years. Annette is a travelling yogini, writer and editor who currently journeys between Mexico and Thailand teaching and exploring the many facets of the jewel of yoga. She has taught in Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, China, Tibet, Nepal and the US, and is passionate about sharing with others ways to cultivate higher levels of awareness in daily life.
Her fundamental passions are the spiritual aspects of yoga which she shares in her classes by encouraging students to explore the adventure, growth, expansion and joy that comes through living and breathing with a truly beginner’s mind. Annette draws inner guidance from the essential principles of the Buddhist techniques of Mind Training, and the precious insight and experiences she has directly received from her teachers, Asia, and her own advanced yoga and meditation practice. Annette is also currently involved in developing an online yoga portal that is designed to share the heart of leading a truly yogic life through honoring and embodying the full spectrum of the 8 Classical Limbs of Yoga.
Before contacting us, please browse our FAQ
What are the payment options?
How do we get to Koh Phagnan and to Blooming Lotus Yoga?
Do you book travel and airport transfers?
I don’t understand why the 10 day yoga retreat is 13 nights?
Accommodations – how basic is basic?
Can I book my own accommodation? Is there a luxury option?
My available dates are different than the ones the you've offered. Can I start whenever I want?
Are meals included? Where do we eat?
What are the Check-In and Check-Out times?
What is your cancellation or change of date policy?
When does the retreat end on Friday?
What does a typical day look like?
I’m a beginner, will I be able to participate in all of the classes offered?
I'm coming alone, is that okay?
If I am staying on the island after my retreat am I still welcome to attend daily classes?
Is it going to be the RAINY SEASON when I am there?
There is some rain year-round, but you’ll find the rain may only last a couple of hours a day and be followed by beautiful sunshine.
The dry season tends to be from February to April.
You can learn more about weather here.
What about VISAS?
Is INTERNET available?
Do I need any SHOTS & VACCINATIONS?
Is the WATER safe to drink?
What should I pack?
- It is best to bring your own yoga mat for energetic & sanitary purposes, but we also have public yoga mats if you don’t have your own.
- A notebook & pens to write in for your own notes.
- Alarm Clock/Watch
- Ear Plugs: especially for the Tuesday/Saturday night parties nearby.
- WATER BOTTLE: for filtered water refills and to help us reduce plastic waste
- Sarong or Towel: for the beach and yoga practice. You can buy great inexpensive sarongs here.
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Hat, Swim suit, Flip-flops Camera Flashlight with battery
- Insect repellent: if you choose, also available here.
- Medical prescriptions
- Long Sleeve Light Sweater for cooler evenings
- BACKPACKS: for traveling as opposed to suitcases for ease of carrying luggage up and down the beach.
- The bungalows all have mosquito nets, so there is no need to bring one.
- Outlet Adapter: There are outlets in the bungalows, so you will be able to charge any electronic devices, with an adapter for Thailand. This is available at most outdoor/travel stores. Keep in mind that the outlets in Thailand are 220 V, so be sure that your devices can handle that voltage by checking the indication on the charger or device. However, you should be able to charge most simple devices; ie: mp3 player, cell phone, camera etc. with an adaptor.
Any other Helpful Tips?!
- You can get your laundry done on the island for approx. 40 Baht per pound or you can hand wash it yourself and hang them to dry on your balcony.
- A photo copy of your passport should be made and kept separate from your money and credit cards.You can keep all valuables locked up with the place where you are staying if you so choose.
- In Thailand the head is considered to be the most revered and honored part of the body and the feet are considered unclean. As such, please do not use your feet to point to anything and do not touch people on the head, even children. If you are female, avoid touching the monks. It is considered taboo
Click Here to Register for JUN | JUL | AUG | SEPT Retreats