Yoga Retreat Thailand
- Discover some of the most affordable & intimate yoga retreats Thailand has to offer -
Available Start Dates
Jan 20* | Feb 3 | Feb 10 | Feb 17 | Feb 24*
Apr 14 | Apr 21 | Apr 28 | May 5 | May 12 | May 19 | May 26*
- Update: Jan/Feb retreats are in high season and will be full early – best to register asap -
* 5 day retreat only
Your Yoga Retreat in Thailand
Ready to experience the bliss of yoga in one of the most exquisite, natural paradise islands on the planet!? Each retreat is filled with daily group yoga classes, in-depth workshops in asana, meditation and pranayama, Thai massages, steam baths, as well as numerous other optional healing treatments & nature excursions. There are amazing, free community events to join in on, which including “Movie Night Under The Stars,” live entertainment at “Open Mic Nights at the Sanctuary” & lots of options for dancing. We recommend one of our 3 “Yoga in Paradise Packages,” or you can develop your own personalized retreat to get the most from your next yoga vacation in Thailand.
Yoga in Paradise Packages
5 Days / 6 Nights
- 2 Yoga Classes Daily
- 1 Asana Workshop
- 2 Meditation & Pranayama Classes
- 1 Holistic Lifestyle Guidance Class
- 1 Thai Massage
- 1 Steam Bath
7 Days / 10 Nights
- 2 Yoga Classes Daily
- 2 Asana Workshops
- 3 Meditation & Pranayama Classes
- 1 Holistic Lifestyle Guidance Class
- 1 Thai Massage
- 1 Steam Bath
- New Eco-Yoga Mat
10 Days / 13 Nights
- 2 Yoga Classes Daily
- 2 Asana Workshops
- 4 Meditation & Pranayama Classes
- 2 Holistic Lifestyle Guidance Classes
- 2 Thai Massages
- 2 Steam Baths
- New Eco-Yoga Mat
Packages Include Accommodations & Begin on Monday – with Weekends Off to Relax & Play
Included in all Retreats
Daily Yoga Classes
Enjoy our daily Vinyasa Flow classes, suitable for all levels, each morning. Fluid sequencing of postures, linked with the breath revitalize and rejuvenate both body, mind& spirit. Specialty classes of Yin/Yang, Hatha Flow or Bhakti Bliss are incorporated into the evening sessions to balance energy levels.
Whether you’d like to master a pose, learn therapeutic postures to work with an injury, or if you’d simply like to go deeper in to your practice of yoga and meditation these intimate and in-depth lessons are the perfect way to explore your unique needs and goals through intelligently designed and customized sessions. Assisted stretching, incorporating ThaiVedic Massage techniques and adjustments may be incorporated to help you find your optimal alignment in each pose.
Group Meditation & Pranayama
These intimate group sessions will allow you to learn and practice simple and powerful breath control techniques that will allow you to expand your longevity, experience freedom and liberation, bring you into more mindfulness and deepen your connection to the present moment. You will learn the noble art of meditation and be empowered with the tools and techniques necessary to incorporate this profound practice into your daily life.
Practice & Lifestyle Guidance Sessions
This session will address important topic areas to help you deepen and integrate yoga into your daily life. Topics include yogic lifestyle, healthy diet & daily routines that promote vitality, youthfulness, metal/emotional balance and self-healing.
Thai Massage is an ancient healing system combining acupressure and energy balancing techniques, assisted yoga postures and incorporating the Buddhist principles of mindfulness and loving kindness. The result of a full-body session is often an exciting and powerful mind/body experience, bringing both the recipient and the practitioner to greater states of physical and mental well-being.
Enjoy the detoxifying benefits and bliss of the nearby herbal steam and plunge pool built into the beautiful rocks.
Thailand Yoga Retreat Accomodations
Koh Phangan, Thailand is considered to be a treasure destination off the beaten path. While preserving its abundant jungle, fauna and flora many of its secluded beaches offer an escape from stress and the high-paced modern lifestyle. Accessible primarily by boat year round, the tri-bay area of Haad Yuan, Haad Thien, and Haad Why Nam offer a serene getaway with a wide range of accommodation options for all budget types. From simple, rustic bungalows to mid-range comfortable living, these 3 beautiful bays provide for all. The Blooming Lotus Yoga Studio is situated upon a jungle hilltop, overlooking the crystal blue ocean waters, in between Haad Yuan & Haad Tien Bays and easily accessible by foot from Why Nam Bay.
All our Thailand Yoga Retreat Packages include accommodations in simple Thai style bungalows surrounded by lush gardens and jungle fauna with the ocean, yoga shala and restaurants just a few minutes walk away. A perfect compliment to the minimalist yogi lifestyle, these simple, rustic wooden bungalows have a double bed, fan, hammock on the deck with asian style bathrooms.
Simple Thai Style Bungalows
*The Blooming Lotus is an independent yoga school and we will be booking your accommodations at the nearby local resorts.
Thailand hosts some of the world’s most tantalizing cuisine, and our yoga retreat in Koh Phangan is no exception. From healthy & raw food Vegetarian dishes to exotic Thai delights, from scrumptious seafood fare to gourmet Western favorites the tri- Bay area of Haad Yuan, Haad Thien & Haad Why Nam Bays offer an incredible culinary symphony of tastes & aromas to satiate all appetites.
Bamboo Huts Restaurant & Lounge in Haad Yuan Bay is in particular renowned for its restaurant at affordable prices and its outstanding ambiance & view of the ocean and stars at night. It is also the nearest option.
Haad Thien Bay hosts the Sanctuary Spa & Health Resort that specializes in a fasting, raw food & health conscious choices. The Sanctuary’s in house Wellness Center offers colonics, fasting programs, & health consultations with the Spiral Life Center providing a medley of Health & Healing practitioners: Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Energy Healing, to name but a few.
The Yoga Retreat Price does not include food which can be found for all budget ranges at the nearby resorts. You can eat & drink simply or extravagantly anywhere from $12- 40 USD/day.
Thailand Yoga Retreat Schedule
Our Yoga Retreat Schedule is unique in its focus on a compassionate & enjoyable timetable. This schedule allows you to process all that may come up during your yoga retreat & leaves plenty of time to relax & play in the crystal blue oceans waters & white sandy beach of Haad Yuan Bay, Thailand. It also gives plenty of time to take in the scrumptious delights of exotic fruit shakes & tantalizing thai cuisine while enjoying the beauty of nature in this stunning paradise island of Koh Phangan.
Retreats begin every Monday at the Blooming Lotus Yoga Shala. Accommodation check-in is on the Sunday before the retreat.
General Yoga Retreat Schedule
- 8:15 – 8:45 am Pranayama & Meditation Lessons (Tuesdays/Thursdays)
- 9:00 – 10:30 am Group Yoga Class (*Wed/Sun starts at 10 am)
- 10:30 – 4:00 pm Beach Break / Asana Workshop / Massage / Steam / Practice & Lifestyle Guidance Sessions
- 4:00 – 5:30 pm Group Yoga Class
* Weekends are off to relax and play*
Yoga Retreat Tuition Policy
Thailand Yoga Retreat Tuition Cancellation Policy: In the case of cancellation the total tuition price may be refunded up until 2 months before the Yoga Retreat’s start date minus a 25% administration fee.
Accommodation Cancellation / Change of Date Policy: Once paid the accommodation fees are non-refundable. Changing of dates are subject to availability and a surcharge of $50.
Spiritual Code of Conduct
- Uphold the integrity of the classical yoga tradition by practicing humility and patience.
- Acknowledge the limitations of one’s skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, ask teachers for instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Respect all students from their varied backgrounds and levels of awareness.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all other students.
- Avoid words and actions that are disrespectful and harmful to others.
Yoga Retreat Teachers
(Dec | Jan | Feb)
Francie is an internationally certified yoga teacher who facilitates yoga teacher training courses, offers group and private yoga classes and hosts yoga retreats at the Blooming Lotus Yoga School in Thailand. Specializing in the Vinyasa Flow, Hatha and Yin/Yang styles of yoga asana she incorporates the knowledge of myo-fascia meridians, energy anatomy, and yogic philosophy to facilitate deep openings of the Heart through in-depth instructions on alignment, sequencing and awareness of the breath.
An eternal teacher & student, Francie is passionate about sharing her love of flow and the bliss of being though yoga, education, and the hula hoop, encouraging and inspiring people to open and express to their highest and lightest potential, so that they may deepen their connection to the present moment while expanding their hearts and minds. Based in Thailand and Bali, Francie travels the world, sharing her passions, connecting community, and activating play, bliss and healing with yoga & hula hoop retreats, festivals, and community gatherings.
(Apr | May)
Annette is an internationally certified yoga teacher who has pursued the art of yoga & Tibetan meditation with advanced yogis around the world for the past 15 years. Annette is a travelling yogini, writer and editor who currently journeys between Mexico and Thailand teaching and exploring the many facets of the jewel of yoga. She has taught in Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, China, Tibet, Nepal and the US, and is passionate about sharing with others ways to cultivate higher levels of awareness in daily life.
Her fundamental passions are the spiritual aspects of yoga which she shares in her classes by encouraging students to explore the adventure, growth, expansion and joy that comes through living and breathing with a truly beginner’s mind. Annette draws inner guidance from the essential principles of the Buddhist techniques of Mind Training, and the precious insight and experiences she has directly received from her teachers, Asia, and her own advanced yoga and meditation practice. Annette is also currently involved in developing an online yoga portal that is designed to share the heart of leading a truly yogic life through honoring and embodying the full spectrum of the 8 Classical Limbs of Yoga.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What are the payment options? You can complete your payment via PayPal, credit card or bank transfer. Credit card payments can be made securely through PayPal without even needing to have a PayPal account.
2) How do we get to Koh Phagnan and to Blooming Lotus Yoga? There are many different paths that all lead here, whether you fly into Bangkok , Kuala Lumpur, Surat Thani, or our closest airport Koh Samui, or take a train or a bus. Please download the PDF below, “Travelling to Blooming Lotus Yoga in Koh Phangan,” for more detailed instructions to help you plan your own travels.
3) Do you book travel and airport transfers? For guests staying at the 4 star Pariya Resort, we can help you organize airport transfer for you to Had Yuan. Otherwise, the journey is part of the adventure and each individual is expected to organize their travel independently.
4) I don’t understand why the 10 day yoga retreat is 13 nights?
Our retreats run from Monday-Friday of each scheduled week. The Yoga & Healing retreat includes your accommodation for the Saturday and Sunday nights in between our scheduled classes.
5) Accommodations – how basic is basic?
We book a variety of accommodation options that are not affiliated with our studio, and are all within 5-10 minute walking distance to the yoga shala. Most of the budget accommodations have 24 hour electricity, bucket flush toilets and cold showers, which is much nicer than it sounds! When you arrive here and realize that you are on tropical paradise island, footsteps to the beach and living the simple lifestyle that yogis recommend, you will likely begin to realize that zen-like simplicity offers so much more than you could ever imagine .
6) Can I book my own accommodation? Is there a luxury option?
If you are interested in booking your own accommodation, upgrading to a luxury accommodation option, or choosing a different length of stay than is currently on offer, please click on the register tab and choose the “customize your own retreat” option. We will be happy to accommodate you as best as possible.
7) Are meals included? Where do we eat? Food is not included in the price of the retreat. There are several excellent dining options in the area which offer delicious and healthy food, satisfying all sorts of different tastes and dietary needs and can range from $3-4 /meal for delicious thai/western meals, to $10-15 if you want a fine dining experience. Included in the retreat tuition is a welcome dinner on Monday night.
8) What are the Check-In and Check-Out times? Check-in is anytime on Sunday. Please check the ferry timetables (in the “Travelling to Blooming Lotus Yoga in Koh Phangan” downloadable PDF below) to ensure that you are able to arrive on Koh Phagnan by Sunday evening at the latest so that you can check-in and settle in to your accommodation. We will begin the retreat at 9am Monday morning at the Blooming Lotus Yoga studio. Check-out for the 5 and 10 day retreats is Saturday morning at 11 am, and for the 7 Day Retreat, check out is on Wednesday at 11 am.
9) What does a typical day look like? Generally we spend about 5 hours/day, meditating, doing yoga asana and learning the philosophy and practicalities of a yoga practice. Two times a week we begin our days at 8:15 with Pranayama and Meditation, after which we have our first yoga asana class. Within the retreat we offer 2 daily 90- minutes classes, which are generally quite dynamic and physical, allowing for a beautiful interplay of alignment principles, breath awareness, and conscious theme exploration. The morning class is a flow and in the afternoons, we explore a few different styles included Yin, Vinyasa Flow, Yin Yang , and Bhakti Bliss. Most mornings after the yoga asana class we will have a 90 minute workshop on some aspect of yoga, including alignment, developing a home practice and an introduction to Ayurveda and Holistic Lifestyle.
10) I’m a beginner, will I be able to participate in all of the classes offered? We love beginners! All of the classes we offer here are very beginner-friendly, specifically and creatively designed to provide safe and balanced instruction for all levels of experience, with an emphasis on bringing each student to their own personal edge – the place where they can physically, mentally and spiritually open and expand the most. We encourage students to listen to their bodies as much as possible and take resting poses whenever necessary. The classes are light-hearted and intelligently structured, allowing for a beautiful interplay of alignment principles, breath awareness, and conscious theme explorations. Of course, intermediate and advanced practitioners are also happily welcome.
11) If I am staying on the island after my retreat am I still welcome to attend daily classes? We would love to have you continue practicing with us! Our 2 daily classes are open to the public, and so you are free to join as often as you like.
12) Is it going to be the RAINY SEASON when I am there? Generally, the rainy season in the south of Thailand is between October and November. We do have scattered rains throughout the year but more often than not we have lots of beautiful sunshine.
13) What about VISAS? You are only granted a 30-day visa upon landing by flight into Thailand. If you plan on travelling though Thailand before or after the teacher training we advise our students to obtain a Two-Month tourist visa from your local Thai Consulate in your home country. Currently these visas are free for most countries. If you intend to stay even longer you can extend this two-month visa by 30 days on Koh Samui. If you intend to stay even longer, you can obtain another two- month visa by making a trip to Penang or Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia or cross one of Thailand’s borders. When filling out your Thai visa application form, you can put Bamboo Huts, Koh Phangan, Thailand for your guarantor/and or place to stay in Thailand. When you apply for a 2 month tourist visa state on your application form that you are visiting as a tourist. It is best not to mention that you’re doing a Yoga Retreat here, otherwise you will have to apply for a special visa that is difficult to obtain and involves much paperwork….and each Thai embassy has their own right to reject your application form if they don’t feel you have the exact paperwork that they see fit!!
14) Is INTERNET available? There is internet and WIFI in Haad Yuan at Big Blue, Pariya Resorts, & Bamboo huts, and in Had Thien at the Sanctuary Resort. The nearest post office is in Haad Rin (the internet is also readily available there). You can make calls on skype via the internet, at Big Blue Resort in Haad Yuan, or at the Sanctuary in Haad Tien. Also you can call with a phone card at a local telephone booth, from your cell phone or from the travel agents or internet stores in Haad Rin.
15) Do I need any SHOTS & VACCINATIONS? You should consult your local travel clinic to see what they suggest. It is really up to the individual for what they choose and what they feel comfortable with. Most people choose not to get shots as Thailand is a very safe place to travel to.
16) Is the WATER safe to drink? There is no need to bring iodine tablets or purification liquids, the water is safe to drink in Thailand. However, the bottled water is even better and is sold everywhere. As well, you can refill your bottle at Bamboo Huts and other Resorts.
17) What should I pack? Yoga Mats: Eco-Mats are available for sale, should you need a mat, otherwise it is best to bring your own yoga mat for energetic & sanitary purposes. Please do bring:
- A notebook & pens to write in for your own notes.
- Alarm Clock/Watch
- Ear Plugs: especially for the Tuesday/Saturday night parties nearby.
- WATER BOTTLE: for filtered water refills and to help us reduce plastic waste
- Sarong or Towel: for the beach and yoga practice. You can buy great inexpensive sarongs here.
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Hat, Swim suit, Flip-flops
- Flashlight with battery
- Insect repellent: if you choose, also available here.
- Medical prescriptions
- Long Sleeve
- Light Sweater for cooler evenings
- BACKPACKS: for traveling as opposed to suitcases for ease of carrying luggage up and down the beach.
- The bungalows all have mosquito nets, so there is no need to bring one.
- Outlet Adapter: There are outlets in the bungalows, so you will be able to charge any electronic devices, with an adapter for Thailand. This is available at most outdoor/travel stores. Keep in mind that the outlets in Thailand are 220 V, so be sure that your devices can handle that voltage by checking the indication on the charger or device. However, you should be able to charge most simple devices; ie: mp3 player, cell phone, camera etc. with an adaptor.
OTHER HELPFUL TIPS
- You can get your laundry done on the island for approx. 40 Baht per pound or you can hand wash it yourself and hang them to dry on your balcony.
- A photo copy of your passport should be made and kept separate from your money and credit cards. You can keep all valuables locked up with the place where you are staying if you so choose.
- In Thailand the head is considered to be the most revered and honored part of the body and the feet are considered unclean. As such, please do not use your feet to point to anything and do not touch people on the head, even children.If you are female, avoid touching the monks. It is considered taboo.